The Search for Self is a combination of self-study meets genuine community.
“I’m an experienced map maker, but I can be as much of a lost and stumbling traveler as anyone else. We all must find our own way.” Brené Brown
After 6 years of reading books, articles, and research, listening to podcasts, and attending speaking events, workshops, and retreats for creative women… I have taken all of the pieces that were profound and made a difference for my search and put them all in one place to share with other women. I’ve always pictured it like a trail of breadcrumbs – a way to leave pieces out for others. Take a look. See what’s in there and what you could use.
The Search for Self is for the curious mind...
The pieces in the collection are not fluff. They are grounded in research or reputable sources.
We’re learning from great minds: authors, lecturers, psychologists, teachers, therapists, award winning poets, playwrights, filmmakers, researchers, and storytellers.
We’re exploring topics like: narrative identity, personal growth, relationships, positive psychology, consciousness, spiritual practices, self-awareness, and creative expression.
We’re delving into our life stories for new insight and learning through various themes: perfectionism, belonging, self-care, love, loss, family, body image, death, relationships, money….
and we’re showing ourselves compassion through the process.
So here’s how it works…
A collection of materials are available to you on our password protected site. You can choose to explore what’s inside based on categories (you can take a peek at them here) or by overarching themes (e.g., wholeness, joy, loss, silence…)
Pieces in the collection include:
- readings, talks, excerpts from great books…[all from great minds], paired with reflective questions designed to get you thinking about who you are and what you want in your life
- creative processes to reflect on what’s important to you, further strengthening that connection with self
- self care practices (letter writing, morning pages, tarot, new moon / full moon rituals…)
- gentle nudges to do something for you
- creative classes! Take a class and learn something new without any additional costs.
- inspirational quotes to journal from or add to a notebook
Go through and wander at your own pace. Explore what you like, when you have time for it. Everything is bite-sized and meant to act like as a spark.
And to be transparent, these materials will eventually make their way into a published book that Lainie is currently working on (so materials are owned by The Search for Self).
In addition to the food for thought, you will also get…
- to explore all the materials posted before you joined
- a monthly Zoom call with a small group of women you’ll meet with regularly (facilitated by Lainie)
- a free one month pass to give to a loved one or friend
- discounts on other fun projects or courses Lainie creates
“Lainie has this ability to hear a story and not provide judgement.
She embraces all that it is and asks questions that further the desire to go deeper,
even to the darkest parts we might not want to go. Lainie provides a safe space to unpack it all.
You’ll be asking yourself, why didn’t I start this sooner?”
-Becky, member of The Search for Self
I love it! How do I join?
Interested? Let’s get to know each other a bit…